I enjoyed this humorous talk on public speaking. Some of the advice feels gimmicky, but if you compare it to what you hear when presidents and leaders speak you’ll see that they all use it, well with a few exceptions.
The main points are
- Be confident
- Combine 3 breathless sentences for dramatic effect.
- Repeat words three times for impact : “My people, my people; my people“.
- Use balance: “In this life, and in the next”.
- Reach for unique metaphors: “Love is a fruit in season at all times and in reach of every hand.“
- Exaggerate a bit for effect not to cover up the truth.
- Rhyming. It tricks the brian into being comfortable with the information given as it sounds so right.
Go ahead and watch it for yourself:
Link to video if the embed above fails: